Thursday, October 26, 2006

The joys of parenting.....

I remember my mom telling me, a long time ago, that when they first began on the parenting journey she made a deal with my father. She'd take permenant diaper duty- if he would just clean up any time we kids threw up. When she first told me that, I thought it sounded really lopsided. Now... well, my husband does the same for me, with one litte addition. When I'm pregnant, my nose gets really sensitive. So then, he takes on the mommy-gagger diapers for me too. Isn't he the best? Granted, I have to handle things on my own when he's at work, but kids are really great about saving most of that stuff for his days off!

So what brought that all to mind, you might ask? Well, last night, poor Bug got up twice to throw up. The first, and worst time, was while Hubs was home. He really wasn't too thrilled about that, but he did really good at not showing it too much.

Right now the younger two and I are waiting for Bug to wake up to see if he's feeling well enough to go to the Halloween stuff going on at the library. I hope so. They've all been looking forward to it. I was even going to keep him out of school for it, since today is only a half day for conferences and tomorrow they have the day off for- get this- Nevada Day. Nevada Day! Do any other states make the day they became a state an official holiday that includes days off of school and work, and a parade? Sheesh.

No comments: