Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I'm baaaack! (well, sort of)

We had a fantastic visit with my father and his wife. (I don't call her my stepmom because I already had one of those and his wife is a much nicer person.)

They brought salmon that he caught somewhere in Oregon and grilled it for us. This was great timing, as I was really craving fish! They took us out to dinner lots and lots. More cravings satisfied!

They took us to see Shrek the 3rd.

We all went to the local museum, and my dad pointed out all the wildlife exhibits that were labelled incorrectly. There were a few guns mislabelled, too.

We went for a picnic lunch in Lamoille Canyon, and then took the kids on their first hike, which turned out to be more of a mini-hike when we reached a creek crossing that had been reduced to a very narrow tree for a bridge. We decided to turn back. The kids were mad, but they just don't have the experience to have gotten across safely. It was fun anyway, and very beautiful.

I was sad to see the visit end, sad to say goodbye. It's been so nice, and they spoiled us all so much!

I still have morning sickness.... oh, boy do I have it! It took some serious determination to go go go with my parents all last week, and I all but collapsed into an imitation coma on Saturday- just in time for Jehromy to come home from work hoping for attention and help with his laundry. Apparently, he got promoted, and this meant coming home for a day and leaving again for two weeks. Poor Hubs wound up my nursemaid while still taking care of his own stuff.

Since Hubs left again, Bug has been extra cooperative. He even loaded the dishwasher for me when I asked him, even though he usually just unloads it. And he's been letting me sleep in lately. Woo Hoo! I'll have to do something special with the kids when this finally passes. Like that baking party! mmmmm.

No comments: